Club Notes…by Karen Bevan
Hope everyone is keeping well this evening.
I’m pretty sure everyone enjoyed the club summer BBQ last Saturday, it was a great night out. Our thanks to those who put the time in to make it a success especially Damian, Mairead, Colin and many more behind the scenes. The medals for the first half of the year were presented including those won in Munster and County championships races, the county roads, track and field events and more, needless to say Eagle AC has had a very successful year to date, keep up the amazing work! The Eagle AC summer series medals and prizes were also given out on the night and well done to everyone who took part in the series races. As mentioned below a report will be written on the Summer Series and published on the Eagle AC website, we can include this in next weeks email too.
Well done also to those who turned out to run the Clonmel boston scientific half marathon the Clonakilty 10 mile last Sunday, and of course the other races in the week plenty of results below.
Best wishes and enjoy the weekend running!
Results – below 10k (Mairead Lonergan Karen Bevan)
If you have any results to share or feel we are missing any, please do let us know.
Thursday 23rd August
Rathcormac 4 Mile
The last race of the Eagle AC Summer Series took place in Rathcormac last Thursday night. 27 members ran the race in total. Damian Kenneally was 3rd man home with Karen Bevan and Tom Fox winning their categories. A full report on the overall Summer Series will be on the website shortly and will be published in next weeks email.
3. Damian Kenneally M30 Eagle AC 21.23
13. Tom Fox M50 Eagle AC 23.47
18. Brian McGuire M40 Eagle AC 24.32
23. Donal Dowling M40 Eagle AC 24.50
25. Colin O’Herlihy M40 Eagle AC 24.54
27. Dermot Slyne M40 Eagle AC 25.12
35. Neil Kingston M40 Eagle AC 25.43
53. Karen Bevan F30 Eagle AC 26.59
56. Ian Roche M40 Eagle AC 27.07
57. Dermot Gallagher M40 Eagle AC 27.08
65. Gary Gibbons M40 Eagle AC 27.35
66. Martin Daly M40 Eagle AC 27.39
67. Elaine Guinane F40 Eagle AC 27.40
73. John Swanton M30 Eagle AC 27.51
87. Denis Carroll M50 Eagle AC 28.34
93. Ken Nyhan M40 Eagle AC 28.50
94. Helen Cronin F30 Eagle AC 28.53
95. Mairead Lonergan F30 Eagle AC 28.55
111. Eddie Trindle M40 Eagle AC 29.40
113. Joe Murphy M60 Eagle AC 29.47
117. Paul Cotter M50 Eagle AC 29.51
118. Andrew McDonald M30 Eagle AC 29.52
126. Denis Looney M50 Eagle AC 30.54
170. Evan Twomey M40 Eagle AC 33.44
210. Ber Looney F40 Eagle AC 35.46
217. David Donnelly M30 Eagle AC 36.21
223. Denise O’Brien F30 Eagle AC 36.48
Friday August 24th
Churchtown 5 Miler
Well done to Denis who finished 3rd M55 at this 5 miler in Churchtown, only 24 hours after racing in Rathcormac!
51 Denis Carroll Eagle AC 37:02 36:41 M55 696
Saturday 25th August
9. John Dunphy 19.54 VM 45-49 M 9
18. Niall McSweeney 21.06 SM 30-34 M 18
27. Conor O’Brien 21.42 VM 40-44 M 25
32. Andrew Kelly 21.53 VM 35-39 M 30
52. Olga O’Sullivan 23.13 VW 40-44 F 4
71. Sean Lucey 24.15 SM 25-29 M 66
144. Hugh McSweeney 27.51 VM 70-74 M 117
156. Dolores Gibbons 28.16 VW 45-49 F 36
6. Richard Piotrowski 23.17 VM 70-74 M 6
Valentines Parkrun, Ilford
Well done to Joe and Anne who took part in this parkrun in the UK last Saturday.
107. Joe Murphy 27.52 M60 – 64 M85
133. Anne Lucey Murphy 29.44 F 60 – 64 F37
Results – Over 10k (Ruairi Egan):
Boston Scientific Half Marathon, Satruday 25th August
There were 3 Eagles among the large field of almost 800 runners at the Boston Scientific half marathon in Clonmel last Sunday. Pat O’Connor picked up 2nd M50, Donal Dowling ran his first sub 1’25 and John Swanton, 1’48, using it as part of a long training run for Dublin. Well done to the 3 lads, details below.
Place Athletes name Club Gun Time Chip Time Division Bib
22 Pat O Connor Eagle AC 1:22:13 1:22:12 M50(2) 678
28 Donal Dowling Eagle AC 1:24:50 1:24:48 M40 233
322 John Swanton Eagle AC 1:49:47 1:48:59 SM 910
Clon 10 mile, Sunday 26th August.
Just 2 Eagles braved the hills of West Cork in Clon last weekend for the annual 10 miler. Well done to Pat Twomey (2nd M60) and Nora Corcoran.
Place Name Gross Time Bib Cat Sub Cat Club
30 Pat TWOMEY 01:19:36 8521 M (27) M60 (2) Eagle A.C
41 Nora CORCORAN 01:23:10 411 F (7) FS (4) Eagle A.C
What’s up Next:
The Tempo Runs Return:
The Tempo runs are back again in line with the club Dublin Marathon Training programmes. Thanks very much to all of those who have offered to lead sessions.
The session will follow the same format as previously.
Session Dates Leaders:
September 6th Mairead Lonergan
September 13th Ed Fitzgerald
September 20th Elaine Guinane
September 27th Karen Bevan
October 4th Karen Bevan
October 11th Andrew MacDonald
October 18th John Dunphy
Races abroad around Ireland:
If you or a friend are running in races around Ireland or abroad please do let us know so we can include the results in the weekly email.
If anyone has anything that they would like to add to the Weekly club email or we have missed anything please do let me know, by 6pm on Thursday evening if possible.