Mark Smith recorded his 2nd race win in a less than a week on Saturday morning! Mark won the East Cork Harbour Half Marathon in a time of 1.17.52.
Mark Smith, Eagle AC, top of the podium!
Sean O’Keeffe finished 4th with a time of 1.20.30. Impressive times from Mark and Sean on what was a very hilly course. Tom Fox was 2nd M50 across the line. A number of club members were on pacing duty at the event also – well done to Dermot Slyne, Ruairi Egan, Elaine Guinane, Helen Cronin , Mairead Lonergan, Ed Fitzgerald and Grellan McGrath. Thanks to Conn O Donovan who organised and looked after the pacers on the day. All proceeds from this event went to Marymount Hospice, a very worthy cause.
Eagle AC members Helen Cronin, Conn O’Donovan and Colin O’Herlihy before the East Cork Harbour Marathon 2018
Results: (Compiled by Ruairi Egan)
39 John SCANNELL 00:43:36 00:43:39 1206 M (34) MS (28) Eagle AC
1 Mark SMITH 01:17:52 01:17:52 685 M (1) MS (1) Eagle AC
4 Sean O’KEEFFE 01:20:30 01:20:30 49 M (4) MS (4) Eagle AC
22 Tom FOX 01:34:23 01:34:25 762 M (22) M50 (2) Eagle AC
29 Colin O’HERLIHY 01:36:13 01:36:14 917 M (29) MS (27) Eagle AC
45 Dermot SLYNE 01:39:29 01:39:33 884 M (44) MS (41) Eagle AC
76 Pat TWOMEY 01:45:36 01:45:38 896 M (70) M50 (5) Eagle AC
117 Elaine GUINANE 01:49:46 01:49:57 767 F (21) FS (18) Eagle AC
118 Ruairi EGAN 01:49:57 01:49:57 752 M (97) MS (85) Eagle AC
142 Nora CORCORAN 01:52:39 01:53:05 531 F (27) FS (24) Eagle AC
200 Mairead LONERGAN 01:59:56 02:00:23 801 F (41) FS (36) Eagle AC
201 Helen CRONIN 01:59:57 02:00:24 732 F (42) FS (37) Eagle AC
All roads led to Castlelyons last night for the 4th race of the Eagle Summer Series 2018. There was another large Eagle representation at this 4 mile race with 30 members crossing the finishing line. Leading Eagle AC, aswell as the rest of the field home was Mark Smith who won the race in a great time of 21.21.
Mark Smith, 1st place at Castlelyons 4 Miler 2018
Summer Series organiser Damian Kenneally wasn’t far behind, finishing in 21.38. He finished 3rd, claiming a well deserved podium spot .
Damian Kenneally finishing in 3rd place.
Colin Foley and Donal Dowling rounded out the top 10 finishing in 9th and 10th places respectively. Donal won 1st M40, when running 23.51, his first time running under the 24 minute mark.
Donal Dowling picking up prize for 1st M40
The club picked up a number of other category prizes. Darren Casey was 2nd M40, with Tom Fox picking up the prize for 1st M50. The Eagle Ladies were also well represented with Sandra Manning winning 2nd F35 and Elaine Guinane being 1st F40 home. A mention to Anne Lucey Murphy too who increased her normal race distance of 5k to 4 miles with ease finishing 2nd F60 in the race. A very enjoyable and successful night in Castlelyons for Eagle AC.
1. Mark Smith M40 Eagle AC 21.21
3. Damian Kenneally M Eagle AC 21.38
9. Colin Foley M Eagle AC 23.50
10. Donal Dowling M40 Eagle AC 23.51
11. Tom Fox M50 Eagle AC 23.58
15. Brian McGuire M45 Eagle AC 24.39
18. Colin O’Herlihy M45 Eagle AC 24.51
19. Darren Casey M40 Eagle AC 25.05
21. Dermot Slyne M40 Eagle AC 25.15
22. Jerome McCarthy M Eagle AC 25.17
38. Mike O’Connor M Eagle AC 26.23
39. Patrick Walsh M Eagle AC 26.24
40. John Dunphy M45 Eagle AC 26.31
44. Ruairi Egan M45 Eagle AC 26.52
45. Sandra Manning F35 Eagle AC 26.52
50. John Scannell M45 Eagle AC 27.16
53. Elaine Guinane F40 Eagle AC 27.36
62. John Swanton M Eagle AC 28.31
63. Ed Fitzgerald M45 Eagle AC 28.34
70. Ken Nyhan M40 Eagle AC 29.17
71. Mairead Lonergan F Eagle AC 29.21
77. Eddie Trindle M40 Eagle AC 30.00
78. Joe Murphy M60 Eagle AC 30.02
81. Paul Cotter M55 Eagle AC 30.17
87. Ita Kirwan F45 Eagle AC 30.49
93. Denis Looney M50 Eagle AC 31.34
101. Denise O’Brien F Eagle AC 32.19
129. Evan Twomey M40 Eagle AC 35.08
136. Ber Looney F45 Eagle AC 35.30
160. AnneLucey Murphy F60 Eagle AC 37.58
To help club members in their preparations for the autumn marathons and half marathons the club is restarting tempo runs in Rochestown on Thursday evenings. These sessions were a very popular and beneficial session last year. Each session typically starts with a warm up period, followed by a structured tempo session followed by a warm down.
These sessions are available to all club members. For information on club membership please see … https://eagleac.net/membership/