37 Eagle AC members took part in this year’s County Road Championships on what was a very successful day for the club.
8 members took part in the women’s race with Annemarie Power leading the team home in a great time of 26.03. Annemarie’s run earned her a silver medal in the F45 category. Karen Bevan won her first County Roads medal when finishing 3rd F40 and Anne Lucey Murphy also picked up a medal when finishing 2nd F60.
In the men’s race 29 members took part. Alan O Brien was 2nd home overall in a time of 20.06. He was followed soon after by Mark Smith who was 4th to cross the line in 20.41.
Plenty of individual medals were won in the men’s race. Alan picked up medals for 2nd masters and 2nd M35. Damian Kenneally won a bronze novice medal. Mark Smith picked up gold in the M40 category. In the M50 category Pat O’Connor won silver with Tom Fox taking bronze. Pat Twomey claimed silver in the M65 category with Richard Piotrowski winning gold in the M70 category.
More good news on the team front with the men picking up gold in both the M35 and M50 team categories. Alan O’Brien, Mark Smith, Damian Kenneally and Mark Murphy were the scoring members of the M35 team with Pat O’Connor, Tom Fox and Tony Cambridge scoring for the M50 team.
As well as the medal winning performances there were plenty of other great runs from Eagle AC members on the day. Lots of PB’S! It was also great to see club members who have been out of action in recent months due to injury back running and wearing the Eagle AC singlet again- great to see Tracy Cotter, Colin O’Herlihy and Ray Harrington back in action!
Overall, a very successful day for the club and great to see such a large turnout representing Eagle AC.
7. Anne Marie Power F45/Nov 26.03
14. Karen Bevan F40/Nov 27.06
19. Elaine Guinane F40/Nov 27.43
27. Helen Cronin F35/Nov 28.50
29. Olga O’Sullivan F40/Nov 29.09
31. Mairead Lonergan Nov 29.17
40. Tracy Cotter F35/Nov 31.07
60. Anne Lucey Murphy F60 37.31
Novice Womens Team
4. Eagle AC (5,12,17,26) 60 Points
Masters Women F35 Team
4. Eagle AC (5,10,15,23) 53 Points
2. Alan O’Brien M35 20.16
4. Mark Smith M40 20.41
7. Damian Kenneally M35/Nov 21.22
29. Pat O’Connor M50/Nov 23.42
30. Mark Murphy M35/NoV 23.44
32. Mike Forde M35/Nov 23.50
33. Tom Fox M50/Nov 23.52
36. Tony Cambridge M50/Nov 24.06
38. Darren Casey M40/Nov 24.16
53. John Dunphy M50/Nov 25.45
64. Ruairi Egan M50 26.32
65. Finbarr Lehane M45 26.34
68. Ray Harrington M40/Nov 26.43
69. Ian Roche M40 26.46
70. Michael O’Connor M35 26.49
77. Richard Piotrowski M70 27.30
83. Denis Carroll M55/Nov 28.31
85. Pat Twomey M65 28.41
86. Joe Murphy M60 28.49
87. Ken Nyhan M40 28.52
90. Charlie Byrd M50 28.58
91. John Swanton M35 29.09
92. Colin O’Herlihy M45 29.10
99. Tony Merritt M50 29.26
102. Andrew O’Farrell M65 29.32
104. Eddie Trindle M40 29.37
105. Denis Looney M50 30.13
106. Ken Higgs M65 30.22
107. Pat Murphy M60 30.27
Novice Mens Team
4. Eagle AC (3,21,22,23) 69 Points
Masters Men M35 Team
1. Eagle AC (2,4,6,23) 35 Points
Masters Men M50 Team
1. Eagle AC (22,26,29) 77 Points
You must be logged in to post a comment.